Tuesday, February 14, 2012

27

Racing thoughts through my mind. My eyes are wide open but I'm blind. Endless questions inhibit me. Questions that have no answers.

She is gone. She did not go easily. I've been studying her daily for a month. I had to understand her every move and the way she thought so I could succeed and succeed I did. I knew she'd try to fight. Most do. Flailing and kicking and desperately trying  to scratch at me. It's strange. There was a desperate plea in her eyes when words were no longer her option. That look is vivid and burned in my mind forever. I don't care much anymore. He chooses and I do what I'm told. That's the way it works. It is no use to try to resist. He always gets His way. Perhaps if I neglect my responsibility I will be next. Someone has to do this. In the end there can only be one, it must be me. So I cleanse.

He is becoming more demanding. I barely have the stain of her life wiped off my hands when He tells me where to go to find the next. There is an eery reminiscence of this place. The mossy covered trees create a series of canopies and secluded lairs. The sky is grey. The fog is haunting. There is no one here. As I turn to leave the horrid place I see him. Lurking at me from behind a tree. My blood is ice. My nerve is raw. My anger is screaming through my clenched teeth! He runs as he laughs like an apparition. From one lair to the next like a rabbit leading the wolf to the trap. This wolf will not be trapped. This wolf will devour this little rabbit. Cornered he looks at me, laughing like this is a game. This is no game. Todays adventure ends with the hiss of completion. This child shall taunt Him no longer. I hope to never have to return to this place. I know it far too well. The swings swing. The merri go round spins. The predator slips into the shadow. Number 27 is finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment